Ultrasonic Flaw Detectors
|Battery Life||8 hrs.|
find application in the field of industrial ultrasonic testing where these are used for flaw detection. Here, the process involves propagation of sound waves through solid material that allows detection of voids, porosity, hidden cracks and other internal discontinuities in composites, metals, plastics and ceramics. Comprising high frequency sound waves that reflect from flaws in a predictable way, it helps in producing distinctive echo pattern that is displayed and recorded by portable instrument. Being completely nondestructive and safe, this testing process is a well established test method especially in applications that involve welds and structural metal. These also feature alarm gates that are often employed for monitoring signal levels at selected points in wave train to flag echoes from flaws. Features:
Ultrasonic Pulse Velocity Tester:
- High speed, fully sunlight readable
- Backlit display that offers full Quarter VGA resolution
- Modern ultrasonic flaw detector like NDT Epoch series that are small, portable as well as microprocessor-based instrument suitable for both shop and field use
- These generate and display ultrasonic waveform that is interpreted by operator with aid of analysis software for locating and categorizing flaws in test pieces
- These typically include ultrasonic receiver, hardware & software for waveform display, data logging module and signal capture and analysis
UPV - Working:
- Pulse velocity comprises measuring time of travel of ultrasonic pulse that passes through concrete being tested. Here, comparatively higher velocity is obtained as concrete quality is superior in terms of - Density, Uniformity, Homogeneity
Model: Ultracon -170:
- Ultrasonic Pulse Velocity (UPV) testing of concrete based on pulse velocity method helping in providing information on uniformity of concrete
- Ultrasonic pulse velocity used for evaluating many conditions in concrete structures like cracking and voids
- Ultrasonic Pulse Velocity (UPV) systems are designed for identifying and mapping honeycomb, voids, cracks and other damages in masonry, stone, concrete, wood, ceramics and metal materials
- UPV tests also performed for predicting strength of early age concrete
- Pulse velocity in material depending on its density and its elastic properties that in turn are related to quality and compressive strength of concrete
- UPV methodology relies on direct arrival of compression waves that are generated by sources with resonant frequencies which range from 50 to 150 kHz
- Pulse velocity =(Path length/Travel time)
Features of Ultracon - 170:
- This model is supplied complete with options of Ultracon-170 main body, Battery Charger, Pair of 52 kHz UT Transducer, Reference Block, RG 58 cable with BNC/BNC connectors, Ultrasonic couplant, Instruction manual and Carrying Pouch.
- Direct read-out of transit time of ultrasonic in concrete with ultrasonic transducers that is pulsed by high voltage
- The system delivers excellent performance in thick and attenuative materials as these have combination of high sensitivity receiver, high-energy pulser and high efficiency transducers
- TFT color LCD makes it easy to operate in worksite/laboratory
- Status messages & different color display provided as per measurement modes allows ascertaining present inspection modes
Features of Ultrasonic Flaw Detectors:
- Bright High Resolution TFT Display.
- Light Weight & Easy to use.
- DAC with Alarm.
- RF output.
- B - Scan
- Video Mode
- Dual Gate.
- A Scan Freeze.